Monday, December 29, 2014

What I Did During Saturnalia

Santurnalia is over, well it's been over for a couple of days, and first of all I hope that everyone had a good one. Mine was so so, but I did include the gods at some point during the whole thing. Santurnalia is the holiday that was very popular during Roman times and is believed to be the foundation of modern Christmas celebrations. We celebrate the return of the unconquerable sun and the warmth that will soon come with it.

Santurnalia was a time of fun, parties, sacrifice, and thanks to the god Saturn. I didn't do parties, as I'm the only Cultus that I know, but I did enjoy time with my family. No booze, as I can't stand the stuff. I kept the spirit of the holiday alive and enjoyed myself, gave offerings to the gods, and thought about the coming year. I hope that all of you will have a wonderful remainder of your month and I see you all around.

HAIL TO THE GODS OF ROME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment