Saturday, May 30, 2015

Why I Chose to Be a Roman Revivalist

Yesterday was the last Roman holiday of the month of May and I was setting and thinking about rituals that groups have that they won't share, or rituals that they have created themselves and use. This has led me to the belief that the only way that Roman Paganism can survive is if there is a revival of the religion. And I'm not talking about bringing it into the realm of the occult or what Wicca does, but a revival of rituals that bring the gods into the here and now.

A couple of months ago I discovered a term called Roman Revivalist. It means reviving the Roman religion and having modern rituals that can be used. I believe this to be so important to the continuing of the religion. We need to have our own rituals and we need books out there that are written by those that practice the religion. And I'm not talking about what Nova Roma does, but rituals that anyone can follow.

Now I will agree that some rituals will be long, but some will be short. The revival of the religion has come and it will take brave souls to see it finally enter the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment